Change Liteblue USPS Password: If you have run into LiteBlue USPS password trouble, do not worry. I am here to help you. Getting the password issue fixed is easy and I will tell you how through this guide. USPS is the largest, government-owned postal service of the USA.
USPS Liteblue postal mail service makes sure that your letters and all types of correspondences reach the intended destination in every part of the country. In order to maintain high standards of services, USPS has employed nearly 600,000 employees.
Such a mammoth workforce size is definitely not easy to manage unless you have proper people management tools in place. Self-service utilities are an extremely important aspect of any employee management system.
Thankfully, USPS has LiteBlue self-service portal that takes care of a wide range of the employee needs. The organization has many other self-service options, but LiteBlue continues to be the most important and most widely used one. This portal allows the employees access to their benefits, paystub, schedule, and whatnot.
Each employee is supposed to have a unique LiteBlue account. The account is password protected, known only to the employee. In the event you forget the LiteBlue USPS password, you will want to get it rest. Let’s see how you can go about it.
If you are new to USPS, you will be provided with a temporary password to gain access to the portal. You will receive this password either in the email or in the regular mail (post). Once you have the temporary password, you can log in to the LiteBlue website.
How To Change Or Reset Liteblue USPS Password?
USPS assigns you a temporary password after you have been employed. You need to enter the temporary password to gain access to your USPS account. After logging in with this password, you need to change it immediately to ensure the security of your account.
What we are going to discuss here is how to reset the password you created and not the temporary one. In case you have lost your temporary password, you will be required to contact your HR team to have it regenerated.
Here are the steps to change your LiteBlue USPS password:
- 1.Visit the LiteBlue login page at https://liteblue.usps.gov/wps/portal
- 2.Click on ‘Forget the Password?’ option right under the Login button
- 3.On the password reset page, you will be required to enter your Employee ID also called Employee Identification Number (EIN). You can find EIN on your paystub on the top.
- 4.Once you have entered the EIN click ‘Verify Employee ID’
- 5.Follow the simple instructions on the subsequent pages to change the LiteBlue USPS password. You may receive an email on your registered email address with the link to reset the password. Click the link and change the password.
These are the easy steps to change the password and regain access to your LiteBlue account.
Please note that the Self-service IVR uses the PIN for verification, which is different from the LiteBlue password. If you have forgotten the PIN, please contact the HR team.